As your puppy finishes up socialization and foundation skills, you will notice that he or she begins to show an increased awareness of the environment and desire for exploration, seemingly “rebelling” or forgetting what he or she learned. Like a human teenager who explores their independence and tests the waters, your puppy enters a similar phase at about 5 or 6 months of age. Larger dogs may be a little older. This phase can last up to 1 ½ to 2 years.
Our Acing Adolescence program is designed to give you the tools you need to get you and your pup through this trying phase and on to a wonderful future. Reach your goals with your puppy using easy to implement steps based on your needs.
This program is a great next step from our Life Skills for Puppies. It consists of 4 – 1 hour in-home sessions for $285.
Some of the topics we cover are:
- How to manage tempting items for your pup like human food items, clothing, and more.
- Teaching alternate and appropriate behaviors to eliminate unwanted behaviors like begging for food, destructive chewing, overexcitement when guests arrive or when relaxing with family, and more.
- How to get your pup’s attention when it seems impossible
- Leash handling and loose leash walking
- We also provide you with the tools you need to work with your pup after we leave.
*Adult dogs must be up to date on all vaccinations including Rabies, DAPP, and Bordetella (Kennel Cough).